Effective as of January 24, 2023.
We may provide additional or supplemental privacy policies to individuals for specific products or services that we offer at the time we collect personal information.
- Personal information we collect
- How we use your personal information
- How we disclose your personal information
- Your choices
- Other sites and services
- International data transfer
- How to contact us
- Your California privacy rights
- Important information for Canadian residents
Personal information we collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, email address, billing and mailing addresses, and phone number.
- Communications data, based on our exchanges with you, including when you contact us with questions or feedback, through the Service, social media, email, or otherwise.
- Account and profile data, that you provide when you register for or update your account on the Services, such as your first and last name, email address, username and password, user ID, billing and/or shipping address, date of birth, profile image, height, weight, injuries and/or limitations, equipment you own, activity preferences, music preferences, followers and people you are following, digest of your activity, and any other information that you add to your account profile.
- Fitness and performance data, such as heart rate data (if you connect a wearable device), activity level, workout ratings, achievements, calibration data (height, lunges, squats), class and workout history and details and additional fitness information that you choose to link to or share with us through the Service.
- Transactional data, such as information relating to or needed to complete your orders on or through the Service, including order numbers and transaction history.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications and details about your engagement with them.
- User-generated content, such as profile pictures, photos, images, videos, comments, questions, messages, and other content or information that you generate, transmit, or otherwise make available on the Service, as well as associated metadata. Metadata includes information on how, when, where and by whom a piece of content was collected and how that content has been formatted or edited. Metadata also includes information that users can add or can have added to their content, such as keywords, geographical or location information, and other similar data.
- Promotional information, including information you share when you enter a competition, promotion or complete a survey, such as name, address, opinions, feedback, or request for additional features of the Service. Please note that if you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or giveaway through the Service, we may ask you for your Contact Data to notify you if you win or not, to verify your identity and/or to send you prizes. In some situations, we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules and other relevant information for each sweepstakes and contest that you enter.
Third-party sources. We may also receive personal information from other sources, such as:
- Public sources, such as public records, social media platforms, and other publicly available sources.
- Third party vendors and data providers, such as information services and data licensors that provide demographic and other information, and payment processors who help us process purchases.
- Our affiliates and affiliate partners, such as our affiliate network providers and game publishers, influencers and companies within our affiliate group.
- Business and marketing partners, such as joint marketing partners and event co-sponsors.
If you choose to login to the Service via a third-party platform or social media network, or otherwise connect your account on the third-party platform or network to your account through the Service, we may collect information from that platform or network. For example, this information may include your Facebook username, user ID, profile picture, cover photo, and networks to which you belong (e.g. school, workplace). You may also have the opportunity to provide us with additional information via the third-party platform or network, such as a list of your friends or connections and your email address.
Automatic data collection. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Service, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, device time zone, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
Cookies and similar technologies. Like many online services, we may use the following technologies:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating analytics. For more information, see our Cookie Notice.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5 and Flash, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
Data about others. Users of the Service may have the opportunity to refer friends or other contacts to us and share their contact information with us, to enable you to connect with your friends and other contacts.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
Service delivery. We may use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service and our business;
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Service;
- facilitate your invitations to friends who you want to invite to join the Service;
- enable security features of the Service, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in;
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications; and
- provide support for the Service, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business.
Marketing and advertising. We, our service providers, and our third-party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes.
- Marketing. We may send you Service-related or other marketing communications as permitted by law. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out of marketing section below.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our Services and internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements or our internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks, identity theft and negative behavior on the Service.
With your consent. In some cases, we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information, such as when required by law.
Business interactions. If you communicate with us as an employee or representative of a service provider, business partner or other company we do business with, in addition to the other uses included in this section, we may use personal information about you to administer our relationship, maintain contractual relations and to operate our business.
Cookies and similar technologies. In addition to the other uses included in this section, we may use the Cookies and similar technologies described above for the following purposes:
- Technical operation. To allow the technical operation of the Service, such as by remembering your selections and preferences as you navigate the site, and whether you are logged in when you visit password protected areas of the Service.
- Functionality. To enhance the performance and functionality of our services.
- Analytics. To help us understand user activity on the Service, including which pages are most and least visited and how visitors move around the Service, as well as user interactions with our emails. For example, we use Google Analytics and Mixpanel for this purpose. You can learn more about Google Analytics and how to prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our sites here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en and more about Mixpanel at https://mixpanel.com/legal/privacy-policy/.
How we disclose your personal information
Service providers. Third parties that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as hosting, information technology, email delivery, marketing, customer support, and website analytics).
Business and marketing partners. Third parties with whom we collaborate on joint activities (such as co-sponsors of contests and promotions), with whom we have entered into joint marketing relationships or other joint ventures, or who we think may offer you products or services that you may enjoy.
Advertising partners. Third-party advertising companies for the advertising purposes described above.
Third-party platforms and social media networks. If you have enabled features or functionality that connect the Service to a third-party platform or social media network (such as by logging in to the Service using your account with the third-party, providing your API key or similar access token for the Service to a third party, or otherwise linking your account with the Service to a third party’s services), we may disclose the personal information that you authorized us to share. We do not control the third party’s use of your personal information.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Other users and the public. Your profile and other user-generated content (except for messages) may be visible to other users of the Service. For example, other users of the Service may have access to your information if you chose to make your profile or other personal information available to them through the Service, such as when you provide comments, reviews, survey responses, or share other content. You may also choose to share your information with third-party platforms (such as Facebook), or otherwise share information on our social media pages on third-party platforms. This information can be seen, collected and used by others, including being cached, copied, screen captured or stored elsewhere by others, and we are not responsible for any such use of information.
You have the following choices with respect to your personal information.
Access or update your information. If you have registered for an account with us through the Service, you may review and update certain account information by logging into the account.
Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt-out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us. Please note that if you choose to opt-out of marketing-related emails, you may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Cookies. Some of our automatic data collection is facilitated by cookies and similar technologies. For more information, see our Cookie Notice.
You will need to apply these opt-out settings on each device from which you wish to opt-out.
Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked to above.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory, we may not be able to provide those services.
Third-party platforms. If you choose to connect to the Service through your social media account or other third-party platform, you may be able to use your settings in your account with that platform to limit the information we receive from it. If you revoke our ability to access information from a third-party platform, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third party.
Delete or anonymize content you post. You may request that the content that you post to the Service be removed or anonymized such that your personal information will not be publicly identifiable on the Service by contacting us. Subject to applicable law, we may agree or decline to process your request. Please note that even if we process your request, it does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted on the Service.
Delete your account. If you wish to request to close your account, please contact us.
Other sites and services
The Service may contain links to websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites, mobile applications or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and mobile applications and online services you use.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Service, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your personal information, and you transmit such information at your own risk.
We generally retain Personal Information, including sensitive Personal Information, to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of providing, protecting and improving the Services, satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, to establish or defend legal claims, or for fraud prevention purposes. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we may consider factors such as the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. This is decided on a case by case basis.
When we no longer require the personal information we have collected about you, we may either delete it, anonymize it, or isolate it from further processing.
International data transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. In such an event, your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Service is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information through the Service from a child under 13, we will take commercially reasonable steps to delete it. We encourage parents or guardians with concerns to contact us.
How to contact us
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important information for U.S. residents
Scope. This section applies only to individuals residing in the United States. It describes how we collect, use, and disclose Personal Information and covers rights you may have under various applicable privacy laws in the U.S., specifically, the California Consumer Privacy Act, the Colorado Privacy Act, the Connecticut Act Concerning Personal Data Privacy and Online Monitoring, the Utah Consumer Privacy Act and the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (collectively, “U.S. Privacy Laws”). For purposes of this section, the term “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Personal Information does not include information that cannot be reasonably linked to you. If information is de-identified, we maintain it in de-identified form and do not attempt to re-identify the information. In some cases, we may provide a different privacy notice to certain categories of California residents, such as job applicants, in which case that notice will apply instead of this section.
Your privacy rights. You may, depending on where you live and subject to certain exceptions, have some or all the rights listed below.
Information. You can request that we disclose certain information about our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information and our data practices. For California residents, you may request the following information about how we have collected and used your Personal Information:
- The categories of and specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected.
- The categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting Personal Information.
- The categories of Personal Information that we disclosed for a business purpose.
- The categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was disclosed for a business purpose.
- Access. You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you.
- Deletion. You can ask us to delete the Personal Information that we have collected from or about you.
- Correction. You can ask us to correct inaccurate Personal Information that we maintain about you.
- [Opt Out of Targeted Advertising. We process Personal Information for targeted advertising, as defined under applicable U.S. Privacy Laws. You can ask to opt out of such processing.]
- Nondiscrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your privacy rights.
Exercise your rights. You may submit requests to exercise your rights and, if applicable, appeal a decision relating to your rights request, by emailing us at email@example.com, visiting our website at or by calling (888) 602-4744.
We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it.
We will need to verify your identity to process your requests and reserve the right to confirm your residency. To verify your identity, we may require government identification, a declaration under penalty of perjury or other information. Your authorized agent may make a request on your behalf upon our verification of the agent’s identity and our receipt of a copy of a valid power of attorney given to your authorized agent pursuant to the requirements of the applicable jurisdiction. If you have not provided your agent with such a power of attorney, you must provide your agent with written and signed permission to exercise your rights on your behalf, provide the information we request to verify your identity, and provide us with confirmation that you have given the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
We do not, and have not in the preceding 12 months, “sold” or “shared” Personal information, including sensitive Personal Information, as defined by applicable U.S. Privacy Laws.
|Statutory category of personal information (PI) |
(Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.140)
|PI we collect in this category (See "Personal information we collect" above for description)||Source of PI||Business/commercial purpose for collection||Categories of third parties to whom we disclose PI|
| || || |
California Customer Records (as defined in California Civil Code section 1798.80(e))
| || || |
| || || |
Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information
| || || |
| || || |
May be derived from your:
| || |
Sensitive Personal Information
| || |
For categories of sensitive personal information that we collect, we will only use or disclose it either with your specific consent when required, or as otherwise permitted by law.
Important information for Canadian residents
Scope. This section applies only to Canadian residents.
Advertising, recommendations, insights and measurement
Cookies are used to help show you relevant content and ads and to measure the performance of ad campaigns, including on third-party websites.
For example: Cookies allow us to help deliver ads about the Services and recommend products and services based on your activity on the Services. For example, the “fbp” cookie identifies visitors for the purposes of providing advertising and has a lifespan of 90 days.
Providing features and remembering preferences
For example: Cookies help us to support the use, service performance, and functionality of our Services and measure application performance and stability. For example, we set the ajs_user_id cookie, with a lifespan of 1 year, for purposes including to measure application stability.
Analytics and research
For example: Cookies can help us understand how people use the Services, analyze which parts of the Services people find most useful and engaging, and identify features that could be improved.